Minimizing Legal Liability and Maximizing Fitness Safety: This NEW course began April 2021
Self-Study Course For Fitness Managers/Exercise Professionals and an Independent Study Course for Academic Credit for Students
(Earn 22 ACSM CECs and/or 2.0 NSCA CEUs)
This course is designed for “true” fitness managers and professionals as well as students – those who genuinely care about (a) learning and applying legal concepts and risk management strategies into their practice, (b) providing only high quality programs for their participants (c) designing programs that safely and effectively meet individual health and fitness needs, and (d) performing within their scope of practice.
By completing this course, fitness managers, professionals and students will be able to:
- OBTAIN a working knowledge of (a) the law and (b) risk management as they pertain to the fitness field
- UNDERSTAND and APPRECIATE the many legal duties of professionals
- Learn how to intelligently DISCUSS legal and risk management issues with legal counsel
- EDUCATE and TRAIN your fitness staff members to help them provide safe and effective programs
- REDUCE the number of injuries/deaths and the costly legal claims and lawsuits that often follow
- DEVELOP a “safety culture” in your facility
- DEVELOP, IMPLEMENT, and MODIFY as necessary a comprehensive risk management plan for your programs and facility
- ENHANCE the quality of fitness programs and services
- IMPROVE operational efficiency
- INCREASE revenue and DECREASE costs
This self-study course includes and utilizes the following course materials:
(a) Textbook -- Law for Fitness Managers and Exercise Professionals
NOTE: Individuals living outside the 48 contiguous U.S. states will need to purchase this text on Amazon. It is too expensive to mail. For these individuals, the cost of the book on Amazon ($89) will be deducted from the $259 CEC/CEU course fee, making the course fee $170. To order: Amazon-Click Here
Everyone living in the 48 contiguous states, will receive the textbook in the mail which is included in the $259 course fee. Individuals who already have the textbook will also receive $89 off the course fee.
(b) Study Guide -- designed to help fitness professionals and students easily learn the content and concepts covered in the textbook. It will be e-mailed after payment is received and includes 5 files:
(2) Study questions for each of the 11 chapters in the text
(3) Answers to all of the study questions for each chapter
(4) CEC/CEU exam – all Multiple-Choice questions
(5) Course evaluation form
Exam: The exam is an open-book exam that is completed on your own time. Instructions for completing and submitting the exam are included in the Study Guide materials. Because the exam is an open-book exam completed on your own time, a pass rate of 80% is needed for successful completion in order to earn the CECs/CEUs. Individuals who do not pass on the first attempt will have a second attempt at no additional cost. There is no third attempt.
CECs/CEUs and Certificate: Received via e-mail after successful completion of the course:
22 ACSM CECs
The American College of Sports Medicine 's Professional Education Committee certifies that "Fitness Law Academy, LLC" meets the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider Status from (2019 - December 2022). Approved Providers and their content reflect the concepts of their respective organizations and do not necessarily represent the positions or polices of ACSM. Providership # 727466
2.0 NSCA CEUs
NSCA Certification Executive Council approved 2 CEUs for CSCS and NSCA-CPT certificants who successfully complete this course. CEU Provider Number: L1255
NOTE: If you have a certification from an organization other than ACSM or NSCA, you can contact that organization to ask about petition requirements to obtain CEs from our course.
CEC/CEU Course Fees:
1. Fee for the "self-study" course is $259.00 (includes the textbook and course materials)
2. 20% Discount for Students ($207) -- full-time and part-time students (Enter code "student" on the registration form to receive the discount). Students wanting to take this course for academic credit should first consult with their academic advisor to determine if this course qualifies for an independent study in their program of study.
A Big Congrats to the First Person Who Successfully Completed Our New CEC/CEU Course
He wrote the following regarding the course:
"This CEC/CEU course is a great way to start being proactive in the fitness industry. Legal concepts and up-to-date case briefs related to fitness managers and exercise professionals inform us of the do's and don'ts in real life. The textbook for this course will be my go-to handbook for risk management. This course is highly recommended for fitness professionals and college/graduate students who are interested in working in the fitness industry."
H. Kim, MS
PhD Student in Sport Administration
Registering for this course is easy -- just click the Registration button and complete the short form and submit.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Refund, Return, Transfer, and cancellation Policies:
Self-Study Course: No refunds, returns, and cancellations for this course. However, individuals can transfer their registration to another individual. For this option, you must inform Dr. JES ([email protected]) the name and e-mail address of the person to whom you are transferring the course. You are responsible for any and all transactions and costs involved in the transfer.
Course Cancellation Policy:
If at any time, the course professor cancels either of the above courses, a full refund will be issued provided the textbook is returned in excellent condition.